Watch Out for These Symptoms of Lead Poisoning:

Watch Out for These Symptoms of Lead Poisoning:

On the other hand, why wait for these symptoms to show up to get your home inspected for lead? Stay one step ahead and have your property professionally inspected.


Why Are Children at a Higher Risk for Lead Poisoning?

Lead Poisoning is a disease that is often taught about in the context of child safety. Why is that? Are kids more susceptible to this kind of poisoning? If so, why?

Children are in fact more susceptible to the effects of lead poisoning, and it is for the following reasons:

  1. Being that peeling, lead-containing paint is the most common source of Lead Poisoning, children are the most likely to inhale this substance for one simple reason: they often put their hands or other objects that may contain lead dust inside their mouths. Children explore the world by putting things in their mouths, so if there is chipping lead-based paint around, it is probable that they will ingest some.
  2. Children’s bodies are constantly growing and are very impressionable. Therefore, even a slight ingestion of lead dust will be more quickly absorbed by children as compared to adults.
  3. The above also applies to the brains of children. Their malleable and constantly developing brains and nervous systems are more sensitive to the harsh effects of lead. Lead Poisoning in developing children can result in many neurological issues including delays, attention difficulty, memory loss, and headaches.


Watch Now – The Dangers of Lead, Informative Video

Check out this informative video on the dangers of lead.

We at Enviroscope step in when it comes to “Awareness, Prevention, Testing and Care”. We are using our high-tech lead inspection machines and safe removal strategies to assure that this poisonous substance is one of the past.

Click the link below to learn more:

Lead: A Quick Rundown

Sometimes, the things that look the prettiest, are the most toxic. That is certainly the case with lead. Lead in paint has been used for centuries, ensuring that the paint it’s in will dry fast, resist moisture, and maintain its fresh look. But in reality, lead is harmful to the production of blood cells and the absorption of calcium needed for strong bones, muscle movements, and the work of nerves in the body. If doctors come across especially high blood levels in children, they are required to report those findings to the state, incurring a large fine of $15,000 on the family.

Fortunately there are many lead-free alternatives available today since lead’s ban in 1978. The hazard does not lie in the newer homes and buildings, rather the ones built or painted before 1978. It is almost certain that these structures utilized lead-based paint.

The problem occurs when the paint chips off of walls and window sills – that is when lead-poisoning can take place. As time goes on, paint chips away, and these tiny pieces can make their way into our bodies either through touch or inhalation. This is especially a problem when the paint is around young children.

Not sure if your paint is cause for concern? Enviroscope is here to answer your questions. Our experienced safety professionals are here to help you uncover any lurking danger in your paint by using special inspection equipment. The levels of lead can be assessed on the spot, giving you the immediate answers you need.

If your paint contains dangerous amounts of lead, we are here to take you through the process all the way from blocking off the area and removing the paint completely, to repainting your walls and making it like nothing ever happened.

So what are you waiting for? Make sure your home or workplace is safe BEFORE the paint chips become a problem. Call to book your appointment today!